Students who wish to take the GED® exam must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application or apply for an underage waiver. No one under 17 may take the GED exam. Waivers for 17 year old applicants for the GED® examination must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible to take the GED® exam:
- Officially withdraw from high school.
- Register with the Gulf District Adult School and participate in GED® preparation program, with score of 9.0 or higher on all subject areas, for a minimum of 90 hours.
- TABE test score of 11.0 overall.
- Passing score on GED Ready® test.
- Approval from the Coordinator of Adult/Alternative Education.